Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Visit Philadelphia
VISIT PHILADELPHIA® is our name and our mission. As the region’s official tourism marketing agency, we build Greater Philadelphia’s image, drive visitation and boost the economy.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for visually organizing ideas, images and information to create a final product that communicates the initial goal effectively. Designers must work collaboratively with the Creative Director to interpret the needs of the project manager requesting the design, while also staying within the VISIT PHILADELPHIA strategic plan, marketing plan, established corporate branding, and CEO’s vision.
- Be aware of and use best practices for file structuring of design documents
- Maintain an organized archive of all past jobs including working files and final files sent to vendors
- Update the Creative Services tracking system by logging time spent on specific jobs
- Work with the Visual Assets Manager to select images for creative placements
- Responsible for meeting deadlines set by the Creative Director
- Design original creative based on requirements provided by the Creative Director
- Create and produce graphic materials using a range of media, methods and techniques
- Provide creative direction that visually informs ideas and takes jobs from the initial creative request to delivery of final product in coordination with the Creative Director
- Present new designs or concepts to the Project Manager and/or their team that articulates the thought behind the work
- Meet with Project Managers to determine creative direction upon request
- Adhere to print and/or reproduction specifications
- Collaborate with peer designers on creative projects
- Consistently learn new mediums to design projects in video, animation, print and web
- Maintain brand standards for all in-house campaigns
- Work with other Designers to create a creative services presentation that updates the VISIT PHILADELPHIA staff on the departments work
- Attend press checks and review print proofs as needed
- Fulfill art to publications and printers
- Designing and setting up creative displays in shop windows or partner locations that extend our brand
To Apply:Please send a cover letter, resume, samples of your work and salary requirements to: email@example.com. VISIT PHILADELPHIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Thank you for your interest.
- Current design software including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Microsoft Office – including Work, Excel and PowerPoint
- HTML email, HTML5, CSS3 experience a plus
- Flash and Dreamweaver
- Video editing and production using Final Cut Pro
- 3+ years experience preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills
- Reasonably comfortable with presenting and public speaking
- BA or BS
Your browser is too old to view this site.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade it to the latest version.