Sat, Mar 4, 2017
1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Drexel University URBN Center
3501 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
NOTE: Check-in at 12:30pm
Wondering “what’s next?” as you approach your senior year and beyond? Prepare for success in the real world by learning portfolio and interview strategies from grads who have been there. From print to digital to freelance to in-house or agency, learn about your options and how to GET READY!
The event will begin with a panel discussion featuring emerging professionals with various backgrounds, design sub-specialties and professional experience. They’ll discuss the roads they’ve traveled and the stumbles and successes they’ve encountered through the journey from graduation to starting a design career. The panel will also delve into the pros and cons of their varying work environments as well as how they’ve prepped and navigated their paths to get to their current positions.
Through three breakout workshop sessions, you will gain practical tips and tricks to transition from student, to intern, to design professional. At the end of the day, you’ll be able to chat one-on-one with the panelists and other attendees, and get feedback on work in progress. Refreshments will be served.
Career Advice: Where to start, how to get your foot in the door, and get ahead
Best Practices: Search, Network and Interview Tips
Shared Experiences: Pitfalls, Internships, Self-Promotion and more
- Moderator: Bri Piccari President, AIGA Central PA Designer/Developer Industrial Resolution. Millersville University BA Graphic and Interactive Design 2014
- Zac McGroarty Creative Director, Temple University's College of Liberal Arts. Art Institute of Philadelphia BS Graphic Design 2011
Carly Sylvester Interactive Designer, Brandywine Creative. BS Graphic Design West Chester University 2015
- Luis Quevedo Graphic Designer, National Constitution Center. Drexel University BS Graphic Design 2014
- Tabitha Ahnert Junior Designer, J2 Design Partnership. Philadelphia University BA Sc. Graphic Design 2015
- Jermaine Boca Junior UI Designer, AWeber. Drexel University BS Graphic Design 2016
Mock Portfolio Reviews: (senior portfolio work from two volunteers)
- Ronnie Alley Graphic Designer, JKRP Architects. Philadelphia University BA Sc. Graphic Design 2016
- Jenna Granville Freelance Graphic Designer, Agency M / Singletary Design Group Philadelphia University BA Sc. Graphic Design 2016
Faculty Workshop Facilitators:
Your browser is too old to view this site.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade it to the latest version.