Position: Senior Visual Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
RevZilla is currently looking for juggernauts of Design that have an overwhelming desire to lead in the ideation, design, and creation of engaging, interactive applications and digital interfaces. Qualified individuals must exhibit enthusiasm for pushing the boundaries of content and technology to create the next generation of digital commerce, and effectively communicate the essence of the RevZilla brand – connecting on an emotional level and influencing the way people think and feel. Ultimately, you strive to master the art of visual language, brand identity, interface design, and are passionate about the evolution of digital experiences. You obsess over the details but see the bigger picture. Additionally, you thrive in a fast-paced environment that’s big on team-based collaboration, and trust that failing early is the best approach to thoughtful innovation.
If you consider yourself a visual “storyteller”, a thinker AND a doer and looking to join a fast moving, collaborative team of eCommerce experts, digital athletes, and motorcycle geeks – you are going to love being a part of the team!
- From concept through completion, take a hands-on role leading visual design and supporting implementation of solutions that align with marketing strategies and meet both consumer and business objectives
- Play an active, lead role on projects and provide art direction to other designers throughout the production of concepts, comps, layouts and final art
- Manage the design of an entire marketing campaign – not just the production of assets – and demonstrate the ability to keep team members working within established deadlines
- Maintain a high standard of workmanship, attention to detail, and adherence to brand guidelines, company process, and industry standards/best practices
- Stay well-versed and current on the latest digital commerce, UX, and design trends and technologies
- Collaborate with Product Designers/Managers and UX Researchers on interaction models, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Manage multiple projects, working closely between product and engineering
- Iterate on your ideas quickly and effectively
- Obsess over details and consistency, but see the bigger picture
- Contribute to and evolve the elements of the RevZilla Design System, a “living” document that establishes brand guidelines and provides access to assets for cohesive brand executions across various applications and forms of content.
Knowledge, Skills, and Core Competencies:
- Direction from: Director of Digital Product and Experience, Creative Director
- Collaborates with: Visual Designers, Product Designers/Owners, UX Researchers, Front End Developers, and various members of Video Production, Marketing, and Editorial
- Supervise and mentor: Junior Visual Designers
- 3+ years experience in lead designer roles or previous senior designer experience
- High level of proficiency in design, web, and multimedia software and applications
- A strong understanding of visual design fundamentals, including layout, typography, color theory, etc.
- Command and/or working knowledge of printing procedures, photography, illustration, interface design for digital applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to design intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
- Take an iterative approach to design while being collaborative and open to critique; that’s extremely important
- Solid working knowledge of HTML and CSS and their capabilities and limitations
- Understanding of user experience as it relates to interactive design, including responsive design techniques, testing methods, data-driven design decisions, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Passion for designing compelling user experiences
- Ability to brainstorm ideas, translate them into original design concepts and execute
- Excellent communication skills along with a desire to collaborate. Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users’ needs.
- Humility and the ability to accept and manage feedback.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs, Balsamiq, Invision, Sketch, etc.
Please complete a form of interest inclusive of resume and cover letter. Please, no calls or emails.