Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Photographer/Videographer – Technical Craft Specialist A position.
Reporting to the Director of Creative Services, the Technical Craft Specialist A – Photographer/Videographer is responsible for creating and preparing photographic images and videos that convey the College’s core messages and engage key audiences in support of the College’s strategic goals. Working collaboratively with other members of the Marketing and Communications team, this position creates visually compelling and diverse perspectives for use in print and digital mediums. This position includes attending occasional evening and/or weekend events and local travel to off-campus locations.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Associate’s degree or higher in a related field with five (5) years of professional photography and videography experience; OR High School diploma, or GED equivalent, with eight (8) years of professional photography and videography experience required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively photograph and video a wide range of subject matter (including portraits, landscapes, buildings and events) for print and digital use required.
- Evidence of artistic/creative ability and technical skill demonstrated through a comprehensive portfolio required.
- Advanced proficiency using photographic software and photo editing and management tools, such as Adobe Lightroom required.
- Experience creating meta data and using a digital Asset Management System required.
- Demonstrated ability to use natural and studio lighting techniques required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment required.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team in resolving problems and issues.
- Ability to demonstrate effective problem solving and judgment is required.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. required.
- Valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation is required.
- Ability to work extended hours on evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
- Adobe Photoshop is preferred
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Your browser is too old to view this site.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade it to the latest version.