Position: Freelance Job Opening: 2015
Location: Philadelphia, PA
WFGD Studio is a boutique print design studio specializing in publication design, branding and infographics. Our clients range in size and scale, from small businesses to universities, government agencies and non-profits/community organizations. Our office is located in Center City Philadelphia.
We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer for freelance work. The opening starts in early August 2015 and will run until December 31st 2015 (approx. 5 months). Hours and rates are to-be-determined.
Requirements are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Print Design
- Highly proficient in MAC based Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Adobe Acrobat
Ideal candidates would:
- Have excellent typography and text management skills
- Have a keen eye for layout, color, message hierarchy and content readability
- Be a good manager of time, be able to work with quick deadlines/time-sensitive projects
- Be able to handle multiple projects at a time
- Be willing to experiment and explore different design options
- Have attention to detail, be organized and maintain clean files
- Have experience with cross platform marketing campaigns and social media graphics
- Be able to work within different clients’ branding standards
- Be able to work in a team and also independently
The candidate will report to the Principal Designers and assist on an array of projects and tasks.
Job responsibilities include:
- Updating/editing existing design projects
- Design of original layout and design concepts for new projects
- Photo editing, including color correction, photo retouching and creating clipping paths
- Design of vector icons and graphics
- Design of data graphics (graphs, charts, tables, maps, etc.) in Illustrator
- Production work, including prepping files for commercial print and online/electronic use
- Print management, including compiling specs for print quotes
- Creating and updating e-newsletter/e-marketing (in Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, et al.)
This is a freelance position. (Please do not apply if you are seeking full-time employment). Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
If interested, please email your resume and portfolio (online or PDFs under 10MB) and desired hourly rate to email@example.com. No phone calls please.