Position: Communications Specialist II, University Development
Location: Newark, DE
Website: University of Delaware
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-tim
Communications Specialist II, University Development The University of Delaware Newark, Delaware
The Communications Specialist II serves as a staff designer for DAR communications and marketing pieces and is responsible for designing and producing graphic design projects including brochures, invitations, booklets, reports, emails and web pages for both internal and external audiences related to development and alumni relations strategies with a primary goal of increasing donor giving at the University of Delaware. This position will also be responsible for executing creative communications including PowerPoint, video, web, and more. This individual works collaboratively with all areas of DAR, as well as the Office of Communications and Marketing for the University of Delaware to deliver projects and initiatives to an audience of 200,000 constituents including donors, alumni, friends and parents.
Equal Employment Opportunity The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
- Conceptualizes and executes graphic design for the development and design of Development and Alumni Relations communications and marketing materials including brochures, proposals, reports, invitations, emails, web presence and more.
- Establishes and implements branding standards for the department and helps to enforce University branding standards for all DAR communications.
- Oversees and is responsible for production files for print pieces and serves as liaison with vendors related to printing, design and mailing of materials to ensure timely and acceptable delivery.
- Researches and establishes emerging trends, brands, tools and platforms into DAR design projects and helps to develop strategies and best practices.
- Oversees and collaborates on the conceptualization and execution of strategic, creative video projects that will communicate the DAR mission and elevate the DAR brand.
- Conceives of and oversees the creation of presentations, slideshows videos for DAR team to highlight giving opportunities and to showcase impact.
- Serves as a member of the DAR Communications team, brainstorming communications projects, campaigns and ideas to advance the mission of DAR and the University.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four years of job-related experience in graphic design, communications, marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graphic design experience including strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with designing for web presence and working closely with web professional.
- Ability to adapt style and design to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously, while managing competing priorities. Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently and to be proactive in seeking solutions to challenges.
- Skill in developing design and layout of materials to be published is required. Photography experience is desirable.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Works occasional evenings and weekends for special events
To Apply: For a complete list of requirements and job duties and to apply online, please visit our web site at http://www.udel.edu/udjobs. Click “Faculty and Staff” and reference # 494025 .