Position: Design Internship
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: United by Blue
Term: Year long. Paid Internship. May qualify for credit
A school-year long internship as an in-house Design Intern at the United By Blue headquarters in Old City, an outdoor lifestyle apparel company with a focus on waterway conservation. Working with the Creative Director, you’ll have the chance to work on a variety of projects from poster design, to email design, packaging and product design, to assisting with merchandising our stores. Our internship also includes photo and social media aspects including, managing our blog “The Field Log,” editing product photography, and assisting on photoshoots.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple projects
- Excellent file preparation/organization for print
- Familiar of the Pantone Matching System
- Introductory level html knowledge
- Ability to hand-letter is a plus
- An impressive portfolio that exhibits strong typography skills and an understanding of the importance of branding
- Be an engaged part of the team, receive constructive feedback, communicate with your Creative Director, be proactive, productive, suggest tasks and ask questions
- Ability to work alone as well as in a group
- Flexible and on your toes
- Easy going attitude and a lack of ego
- A love for the outdoors, and willing to get dirt on your shoes is a plus
Extra Good Things
We have a wonderful loft-style office that’s above our coffeehouse (as a part of our team, the coffee’s on us), a relaxed dress code, and you often may find a dog snuggling under your desk.
Time: Flexible. Must commit to 15 hrs/week
Etc: Must have own laptop and have Adobe Creative Suite
How to apply
Applicants should email their resume, portfolio (.pdf or website), and cover letter to email@example.com.
* This is not a Fashion Design internship
Please note before submitting an application: We take hiring very seriously. Our process tends to be longer than other companies because it’s very important to us to find the best people to join our team. Interviewing with United By Blue may include any of the following: skype interviews, phone interviews, job-oriented projects, and on-site interviews. Our goal is to make sure we find the best mutual fit for each and every role.