Position: Design Intern – Accessories
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: United By Blue
Position Type: [Contract / Full Time]
United By Blue is looking for a design intern to help develop our growing accessories line. If you love the outdoors and are passionate about our brand, consider joining us at our Home Office in Philly to learn more about our highly creative, entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do:
Who you are:
- Contribute to new concepts and product development under the supervision of the Accessories Designer
- Participate in product development concept for art, branding, and packaging
- Assist in the research and sourcing of new seasonal styles, materials, and trims
- Create and update technical sketches using Adobe Illustrator
- Create and maintain seasonal style art packs for technical specs
- Review and comment on graphics artwork for approval
- Manage timelines and samples with all vendors and cross functional partners
- You love designing and being around product!
- Degree in Product Design, fashion design, or industrial design
- Candidate must be graduating in or before May 2018
- Advanced skills in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Expert-ability to sketch or to communicate design ideas via Illustrator
- Basic technical knowledge of soft goods construction and experience in creating technical packs.
- Solid understanding of the United By Blue brand with knowledge of the competitive landscape
- General understanding of product life cycle process from concept to delivery
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Ability to work well within a small team environment; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- High sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities. This internship will be a contract role and last for 10 weeks with a flexible start date. Candidate must be able to work on a full time basis. There will be opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the internship.
Please send a brief (5-10 sentences) for why you want to work at United By Blue, resume, and any relevant portfolio/work to firstname.lastname@example.org.