Position: Graphic Design Intern
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: United By Blue
Position Type: [Contract / Full Time]
United By Blue is looking for a graphic design intern to help develop our growing product line. If you love the outdoors and are passionate about our brand, consider joining us at our Home Office in Philly to learn more about our highly creative, entrepreneurial environment.
Who you are:
- Assist in the development of graphics / prints / patterns for apparel and accessories
- Assist in coloring graphics according to concept direction and seasonal color palettes
- Design original artworks and repeat layouts appropriate for the concept direction of the brand
- Assist with Product Designers on trim developments including woven, size, patches, embroideries, screen print, heat transfer, etc.
- Assist with Product Designers for comments and approvals on print strike offs, hand looms, trims, and packaging
- Create technical design packs; prepare and distribute print and graphic art files
This internship will be a contract role and last for 10 weeks with a flexible start date. Candidate must be able to work on a full time basis. There will be opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the internship.
How to apply:
- You love designing and being around product!
- Degree in Graphic Design or Textile Design
- Candidate must be graduating in or before May 2018
- Advanced skills in Illustrator and Photoshop – hand drawing skills are a huge plus but fast pace on computer platforms is essential
- Expert-ability to sketch or to communicate design ideas via Illustrator
- Solid understanding of the United By Blue brand with knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Ability to work well within a small team environment; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- High sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities.
lease send your resume and a brief (5-10 sentences) about why you want to work at United By Blue to email@example.com. Please also include your portfolio and/or links to your personal web site for us to check out.