Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: United By Blue
United By Blue is looking for an Associate Graphic Designer to help develop our growing product line. If you love the outdoors and are passionate about our brand, consider joining us at our Home Office in Philly to learn more about our highly creative, entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do:
Who you are:
- Design, manage and conceptualize all graphic elements for United By Blue’s apparel and accessories line including screen printed tees, all-over prints, plaids, and yarn dyes as well as direct to consumer packaging
- Collaborate with Product Designers on trim developments including woven, size, patches, embroideries, screen print, heat transfer, etc.
- Collaborate with Product Designers for comments and approvals on print strike offs, hand looms, trims, and packaging
- Create technical sketches/flats and design packs; prepare and distribute print and graphic art files
- Assist in sourcing and working with suppliers who can best execute our aesthetic and meet target costs
- Work with internal cross-functional peers to execute according to a seasonal calendar for sample and bulk production
How to apply:
- 4+ years of experience in graphic product design and development with a solid understanding of the garment and textile manufacturing processes. Additional exposure to the outdoor industry is a plus.
- Passion for developing and being around product
- Expert ability to sketch or to communicate design ideas via Illustrator
- Solid understanding of the United By Blue brand with in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Understanding of product life cycle process from concept to delivery
- General understanding of raw materials
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills
- Strong communication and written skills
- Ability to work well within a small team environment; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- High sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities
Please send your resume and a brief (5-10 sentences) about why you want to work at United By Blue to firstname.lastname@example.org.