Join the board
The Treasurer manages the chapter’s financial resources. He/she oversees the financial planning for the group, recommending investment strategies to grow the group’s coffers. The Treasurer is available to all board members in the planning of all chapter initiatives that require a source funding. The Treasurer maintains all information pertaining to bookkeeping, the chapter’s checkbook, bank/investment accounts, annual reports, and historical spending records for events. He/she is also the keeper of important documents including insurance forms and non-profit status forms. The Treasurer is the guardian of the chapter’s funds, trustee of all accounts and keeper of the chapter’s financial records. The Treasurer receives and disperses funds and keeps a permanent record of monies received and paid out. The Treasurer is responsible for assuring that the chapter fulfills financial obligations to state and federal agencies as well as creditors.
- File financial reports with National, the IRS, and the State (if required)
- Make sure the chapter’s IRS 990 form is prepared yearly
- Prepare and file annual report with AIGA HQ (with President/Vice President)
- Present year-end finance reports to the board
- Keep board aware of income and expenses through monthly reports
- Work with president and entire board to determine long-range financial goals
- Work with board members to assure financial planning
- Act as main contact for financial advisor, insurance agents and accountants
- Assure timely payment of all invoices and bills
- Issue invoices to sponsors/vendors
- Keep accounts in good standing through monthly bookkeeping
- Disperse and deposit funds, as needed
- Prepare profit and loss statements for all events/programs
- Make cash arrangements for each event
- Maintain record of cash box transactions
- Secure Commercial Liability and Directors and Officers insurance yearly
- Secure liquor liability insurance for events, as needed
- Sign all contracts, leases, and legal documents
- Reimburse board/committee members for all approved out-of-pocket expenses
- Make sure membership reimbursements are received monthly from AIGA National
- Send letters of receipt and W-9 forms to chapter sponsors and donors
- Ensure a complete set of files is delivered to the next Treasurer
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 15, 2016
Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination, but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) if elected to a board position.
Self-nominations are welcomed, and encouraged.
How to Submit a Nomination
To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information, and email it to email@example.com.
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why he/she would make a valuable board member
- Two references we may contact for more information
- Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
If you have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.