Position: UX Designer – Visual
Location: Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
We’re looking for a talented visual designer well-versed in the fundamentals of experience design. To us, this means someone who creates elegant digital interfaces by pairing project-specific research findings with a thorough knowledge of UI patterns; someone with an aesthetic that is refined but adaptable to the project at hand; someone who prizes clarity of communication over visual flourish; someone with the humility to remain unsatisfied until his or her instincts are confirmed through user testing.
Visual designers play an essential role on our project teams by offering insight at the conceptual stage, giving shape to an idea with well-placed pixels, and ensuring everything we ship meets our standard of fit and finish. During a project, visual designers may collaborate closely with clients, researchers, UX designers, and developers to solve tough design challenges. Given this level of involvement, we expect designers to be comfortable discussing their craft fluently without relying on jargon.
At Think Brownstone, our fundamental reason for being is to envision, design, and create experiences that enhance people’s lives. We want to join forces with others who share this purpose. If this sounds compelling, send us a message explaining why you think you’re a Brownstoner along with samples of your best design work. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you demonstrate the following, you’ll hear from us soon
- An overriding passion and ability to create beautiful digital interfaces from scratch
- Evidence that you can develop a coherent design language and apply it systematically
- Familiarity with current usability, interaction design, and RWD best practices
- Pride in communicating your design ideas and process clearly
- A mastery of your design tools—apps and techniques alike
Some of our perks
- Beautiful studios in downtown Conshohocken and Center City Philadelphia
- Great benefits including flexible time off; a performance bonus program; excellent health, life, and disability insurance; Simple IRA matching; and a dedicated training budget to help you stay on the top of your game
- Top of the line equipment including a Retina MacBook Pro and Cinema Display loaded with our favorite apps
- Amazing company and design-related events and outings that we host, sponsor, or attend throughout the year
Please apply here.