Position: Visual Interaction and UI Designer
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
We’re looking for an experienced interaction designer well-versed in the fundamentals of mobile interface design. To us, this means designing elegant solutions for complex problems; transforming ideas into a concrete UI with a polished, beautiful aesthetic; prizing clarity of communication over visual flourish. You can read more about what we do and value here: http://www.thinkbrownstone.com/about/
Our interaction designers play an essential role, offering insight at the conceptual stage of projects and giving shape to an idea with well-placed pixels. They ensure everything we ship meets our fit and finish standards.
At Think Brownstone, our fundamental reason for being is to envision, design, and create experiences that enhance people’s lives. We want to join forces with others who share this purpose. If this sounds compelling, send us a message explaining why you think you’re a Brownstoner along with samples of your best design work. We look forward to hearing from you!
What we’re looking for from you:
- A deep passion and proven ability to create beautiful interfaces for mobile devices
- Evidence that you can build and apply a coherent interaction design language, specifically in the context of a mobile app or OS.
- Familiarity with current UI and UX mobile design patterns and RWD/adaptive best practices
- Pride in communicating your design ideas and process clearly
- A mastery of your design tools—apps and techniques alike
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- A basic understanding of front-end coding for mobile web and native apps
Some of our perks:
- Beautiful studios in Center City Philadelphia and downtown Conshohocken.
- Great benefits including flexible time off; a performance bonus program; excellent health, life, and disability insurance; Simple IRA matching; and a dedicated training budget to help you stay on the top of your game
- Top of the line equipment including a Retina MacBook Pro and Cinema Display loaded with our favorite apps
- Awesome company and design-related events and outings that we host, sponsor, or attend regularly.