The Tactile Group is looking to hire an experienced Creative Director to lead our team of dynamic and talented web, user interface, and graphic designers. The successful candidate will work with the design team, a development team, and a project manager to deliver exceptional websites to clients. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work, who doesn’t back down from a challenge, who knows the importance of balancing design goals with business requirements, and who loves working in a collaborative environment.
This is a full-time on-site position, but we may consider those looking for a contractor-to-full-time arrangement.
- Develop concepts and creative strategies that fulfill consumer and business objectives from concept to execution.
- Collaborate with leadership on design direction to ensure holistic storytelling and brand focus.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to reflect end user needs and business requirements within technology frameworks.
- Review and approve production stages of creative execution.
- Maximize results within given budget and timeframes.
- Identify opportunities of improvement and change, and initiate own proposals and/or projects.
- Supervise junior team members by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching them as they develop their skills.
- Guide the creation of strategy briefs, design documents, presentations, and other client materials.
- Develop and lead design activities at client meetings.
- 5+ years work experience within a creative agency or digital product environment
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in design or human computer interaction, or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong design and typographic skills.
- Proven ability to create, manage, and deliver visual identity systems for digital.
- Proven ability to maximize concept and experiences through a variety of executions using different tools, materials, typography, color, composition, motion, and transitions.
- Demonstrated understanding of user experience design.
- Ability to quickly sketch and create digital mockups of your ideas (using Photoshop, Sketch, whiteboards, etc.).
About The Tactile Group:
- Value clarity in design and own your decisions.
- Be passionate about user research and quantitative testing and believe it’s a critical part of the design process.
- Embody a collaborative, team-first mindset.
- Ability to create, manage, and deliver visual identity systems for print.
- Occasional travel may be required based on project needs.
The Tactile Group is a digital agency located in Center City Philadelphia specializing in responsive website design, content management systems, custom applications and graphic design for traditional and new media.
Benefits and Salary:
Tactile is a casual yet professional, creative, and highly productive group of self-motivated colleagues. Tactile offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, flex spending, 401K, and professional development opportunities.
The Tactile Group is an AA/EOE committed to the development of an inclusive, multicultural community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ancestry, national origin, or age.
Send a brief introductory letter with salary requirements and your resume as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a brief introductory letter with salary requirements via LinkedIn.