The Chamber brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. All that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
As part of the in-house creative services team, the graphic designer will develop compelling marketing materials to support the mission, promotion and development of the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia and its discrete business units. Reporting to the creative services manager, within the marketing department, the graphic designer will develop themes, graphics and brands for programs and events, design print and digital materials within existing graphic themes, work with staff to determine project parameters and complete projects from concept to delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work within an interdisciplinary marketing team to deliver professional, timely work to internal clients in various design formats, both in print and online.
- Typical projects include but are not limited to:
- Event invitations, agendas, program books, signage and other promotional materials
- Digital graphics for email, web and social media marketing
- Animations and video production on an as-needed basis
- Work in a range of styles, media and applications while presenting a clean aesthetic style and maintaining the organizational brand standards.
- Provide additional support to marketing efforts, programs, events and other Chamber initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, advertising design or related field
- At least one year’s experience working directly with in-house or agency clients in various design styles
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (CC); other web-based visual design platforms and media proficiency a plus
- Video production and animation skills are highly encouraged and/or the drive to develop those skills
- Client-focused with a collaborative approach to design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Strategic thinker with an innate curiosity
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Organizational ability and attention to detail
- Diligence in meeting deadlines and ability to work independently and under pressure
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 85+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
On a standard workday, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and interacting with colleagues in internal meetings. However, on a regular basis, the graphic designer will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.