Position: Assistant Professor Graphic Design
Location: Ewing Township, New Jersey
The College of New Jersey invites applications for a one year, temporary Assistant Professor in Web & Graphic Design in the Department of Art and Art History. Date of appointment: August, 2014.
We are seeking an inspiring, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic interactive designer to teach in TCNJ’s Graphic Design program. The annual teaching load for this position is 4 to 5 courses annually, with some administrative services such as the curricular development. The individual appointed to this position will teach primarily web design classes but might also teach basic graphic design courses such as Design Fundamental s and/or Typography.
The College of New Jersey is a highly selective public institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. TCNJ emphasizes the undergraduate residential experience and offers targeted graduate programs. The College’s seven schools – The Arts and Communication; Business; Humanities and Social Sciences; Education; Science; Nursing, Health and Exercise Science; and Engineering – offer degrees to nearly 7,000 students. With a 13 to 1 student to faculty ratio, TCNJ seeks to enroll approximately 1,375 entering, full-time freshmen each fall, 95 percent of whom live on campus.
- MFA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or Visual Communication Design from an accredited institution completed by the date of appointment.
- College teaching experience. Preferably above the level of a graduate assistantship.
- Expertise in graphic software applications relevant to interactive graphic design area, e.g., Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, iOS, client and server scripting.
- Solid foundation in digital media as it relates to contemporary visual communication and critical theory.
- Demonstrated ability in leadership, curriculum development, and strong communication skills.
- Record of and promise for an active exhibition record commensurate with a highly competitive liberal arts college.
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, 20 examples of your own creative work, 20 examples of your student work, and three letters of recommendation electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Web “applicant’s last name.” Although not required, unofficial transcripts , and copies of previous syllabi may also be submitted for review. Only complete, electronic submissions will be considered. Please do not send additional materials (publications, teaching evaluations) unless requested.
A review of applications will begin May 1, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Please direct further inquiries to Prof. Chung Chak, Search Committee Chair at email@example.com.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.