Join the board: Programming Director
The Programming Director partners with the Board to prepare an annual programming schedule that supports AIGA National’s mission while meeting the needs of the local AIGA Philadelphia members. The Director helps identify potential programs, speakers and issues of interest based established initiatives and goals.
- Lead chapter programming efforts and establish the annual programming plan
- Work with Partnership Director to identify and secure local sponsors
- Generate ideas and finalize the year calendar of events and venues
- Create and manage event budgets
- Manage list of venues, caterers and event vendors
- Assist team in securing venues, developing promotional plan and considering event needs and logistics
- Coordinating with Communications Team on event posts, updates, announcements and reminders
This Director needs to be organized, motivated, and enthusiastic. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills a must.
It is recommended that the Director form a committee of volunteers to help with program planning and logistics.
The Director is required to attend all board meetings or send a committee member if unavailable.
The Director serves a 2-year role. In the event that the role cannot be fulfilled, it is incumbent upon the Director to find a suitable replacement, agreed upon by the board.
Self-nominations are welcomed, and encouraged. Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination, but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) if elected to a board position. To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why the candidate would make a valuable board member
- Two references we may contact for more information
Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 13, 2018