Join the board
PR/Media Relations Chair
The PR/Media Relations Chair is responsible for the Chapter’s PR strategy and handles all aspects of planned publicity campaigns. The PR/Media Relations Chair maintains the Chapter’s media contact list and should develop relationships with members of the media. This Chair will recommend a media plan for all Chapter events, programs and initiatives and will act as the media contact for all coverage.
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies
- Development and maintenance of an up-to-date media contact list
- Writing and issuing press releases for chapter programs and initiatives to targeted media
- Acting as press contact for all media inquiries
- Posting events and programs to area community calendars
- Collating and analyzing media coverage
- Writing and editing event wrap-ups for the website
- Coordinating photo coverage for all events and programs
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 15, 2016
Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination, but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) if elected to a board position.
Self-nominations are welcomed, and encouraged.
How to Submit a Nomination
To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why he/she would make a valuable board member
- Two references we may contact for more information
- Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.