Position: Freelance Graphic Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Fishtown)
Website: Pixel Parlor
Pixel Parlor is a mission-based studio that is proud to be a B Corp. We focus on branding, web design, print design, and digital advertising for businesses and organizations large and small. Our clients range from non-profits, professional organizations, performing arts, and film, to industrial and professional services companies. We are a friendly, collaborative studio in Fishtown, Philadelphia who seeks to engage with clients, collaborators, and creatives who enjoy working with a congenial, fun, and creative team. We are in search of a full-time, in-house, graphic designer to help our team for the next three months, during our busy season. The freelance designer will work on a variety of projects for branding, print, digital, and social media. Our goal is that this person would become an asset to our studio and become part of our staff.
- Support the design team by providing a variety of design and production solutions.
- Develop thoughtful, pragmatic design solutions for a variety of media, and audiences for existing brands and brands under development.
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Collaborate with studio partners and management on all aspects of design and production
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design
- 4+ years experience in design
- A highly developed portfolio demonstrating EGD, branding, and print design
- A strong sense of typography
- An illustrative approach to design and color
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be comfortable presenting and receiving critique
- Problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Expert Adobe Creative Cloud user
- Experience in environmental graphic design and/or interactive design is a bonus.