Position: Associate Art Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Start Date: 2/1/2020
Position Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Design Director, and working closely with the Photo Editor, the AAD will be responsible for designing features and department pages.
Experience directing photography and assigning illustration is preferred. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with a sophisticated design aesthetic and a positive attitude, is able to work under tight deadlines, and has experience bringing projects from concept to completion.
In addition to working on our flagship monthly publication, the AAD will display a specific aptitude and interest in our ancillary publications, including Philadelphia Wedding (published twice a year) and Be Well Philly (published annually). She or he should demonstrate a flair for art-directing, producing and designing fashion, still-life and lifestyle features.
• Minimum of 3 years of editorial design experience
• A genuine love of magazines, storytelling and visual culture
• A strong knowledge of typography and a modern, cosmopolitan design sensibility
• Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
• Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• A positive attitude, strong work ethic and a sense of humor
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Ability to multi-task on multiple projects at once
• A creative, collaborative instinct
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, résumé and work samples (pdf samples and/or a link to an online portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line PM AAD Search. No phone calls please.