Position:Graphic Design Coordinator
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Website: Philadelphia Contemporary
Start Date: 8/12/2019
Position Type: Hourly position, starting at 20 hours per week
Philadelphia Contemporary (PC) is seeking a graphic designer to join our dynamic and creative team. The Graphic Design Coordinator plays a vital role in creating collateral materials for our artistic projects and exhibitions, managing contracted designers, and developing materials for our fundraising campaigns. The Graphic Design Coordinator works closely with the curatorial and development staff to provide creative solutions to achieve their goals.
- Manage and promote the Philadelphia Contemporary (PC) name/brand on/in all collateral materials, including but not limited to postcards, brochures, program books, flyers, inserts, posters and signage.
- Design fundraising materials and non-curatorial PC branding applications in-house.
- Work with the PC Program Coordinators to plan what needs to be produced for each curatorial project/program. Design materials for selected curatorial projects/programs.
- Manage outside contracted designers and illustrators to produce those materials for selected curatorial projects/programs.
- Design the visual identity and supporting materials for PC’s annual fundraiser in Spring.
- Schedule and coordinate printing of designed materials.
- Maintain and update the PC website.
- Organize creative content such as photo and video documentation.
- Layout and design the monthly PC newsletter
- Support graphic design needs for all PC departments including curatorial, development, and communications.
- Setup the PC Google email addresses and manage the technical needs of the accounts.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Wix, Mailchimp, and Google Suite.
- Ability to develop and execute projects from concept through production.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to consistently and accurately proof own work.
- Ability to collaborate well remotely and communicate effectively with team members of varying departments.
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years graphic design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field required.
Benefits and Salary:
$19 – $22
Hourly position, starting at 20 hours/week
To apply, please email a letter of interest, resume/cv, and two personal references as a single PDF with subject line “Your Name: Philadelphia Contemporary Graphic Design Search” to email@example.com.
Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.