Position: Part-Time Associate Director of Graphic Design
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: University of Pennsylvania
Position Type: Part Time
Start Date: June 1, 2022
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn’s vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the https://coronavirus.upenn.edu/ for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Part-Time Associate Director of Graphic Design Job
Associate Director B
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Director of Creative Strategy and Graphic Design within Penn University Life Division, the Associate Director of Graphic Design is responsible for the implementation and development of on-brand visual content for University Life print and digital campaigns.The Associate Director of Creative Strategy and Graphic Design will develop a deep understanding of the relationship between the University and Divisional brand guidelines. This knowledge will be the foundation which will inform creative strategy from initial concept to final designs that optimize the user experience. The ideal candidate will provide tutorials and templates for student interns, staff, and other campus colleagues to use for successful promotional campaigns.They will assist the Director of Creative Strategy and Graphic Design to find opportunities to improve design systems, address user needs, and ideate better user experiences.
The Associate Director of Graphic Design will be responsible for the following:
• Produce new and traditional graphic design processes to create the most effective marketing and communications materials.
• Produce high-quality digital and print visuals -posters, brochures, logos, web & social media graphics.
• Manage user experience, user interface (UX/UI) and implementation of web accessibility guidelines.
• Facilitate tutorials and templates for student interns, staff, and other campus colleagues to use for successful promotional campaigns.
• Assist in photographing on-campus events and taking staff head-shots.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts, Digital Design, or a related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in working hands-on in a design studio environment.
• A passion for visual design, branding and identity strategy, illustration, photography, data visualization, iconography, user experience, prototyping, art direction.
• Highly organized with a keen eye for aesthetics and detail.
• Strong ability to lead and manage a high volume of projects, develop production schedules, and ensure deliverables meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (other app experience is helpful). Knowledge of Content Management Systems, specifically WordPress.
• Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft O365 Applications, primarily PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams.
• Experience using video equipment: DSLR cameras, external audio recorders, and shotgun microphones.
• Knowledge of proper lighting and sound set ups.
Benefits and Salary:
Budgeted Pay Range:
$26k-29k commensurate with education and experience
Job Location – City, State
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Department / School Student Services
$43,919.00 – $66,183.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
• Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
• Tuition: Take advantage of Penn’s exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
• Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
• Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
• Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
• Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
• Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
• University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
• Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you’ll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
• Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
• Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
• Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed. Interested candidates should submit a digital portfolio (website) of hands-on visual design examples as well.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3060512