Position: Packaging Designer
Location: NE Philadelphia
Website: Frankford Candy LLC
Position Type: Full-time
Start Date: Immediately
The Package Designer provides creative deliverables for licensed and non-licensed product and packaging. Executions include concept renders, end-to-end packaging design, creation of sample and food labeling applications. Previous branding and packaging experience is required for our fast-paced environment. Projects consists of revolving stages, success depends effective and timely communication. Reports to the Creative Services Manager and works closely with other key personnel.
- Designs generic and licensed concepts and product and packaging materials.
- Works within Frankford and Licensor style guides while maintaining unity across product lines.
- Responsible for creating packaging concepts, comps and artwork.
- Presents artwork for internal and submits into Licensor workflow when approved.
- Understands creative and production workflows.
- Understands structural packaging, materials, and production processes and makes dieline modifications.
- Anticipates next steps for projects.
- Proofs work for Licensor, Frankford and FDA requirements prior to presenting for approval.
- Applies legal lines, warnings, Nutritional and UPC information to FDA standard.
- Effectively communicates schedule conflicts to Traffic Coordinator.
- Prepares files for release to prepress and samples and production.
- Creates 3D renders of product and packaging for presentation boards.
- Minimum 3 days on site weekly, adding in-office days as needed to complete assignments.
- Prepares and prints samples artwork.
- Creates product specification sheets.
- Occasional photography and photo editing required to complete designs.
- Product copy and descriptions, as needed.
- Maintain Brand guides and assets for assigned portfolio.
- 4+ years designing for retail packaging.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated history of good communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational capabilities.
- Submit resume and packaging examples to be considered.
Benefits and Salary:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation and PTO
- Short Term Disability
- Hybrid week: 3 office, 2 home
- Fridays end at 3:30