Position: Lead Designer
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Night Kitchen Interactive seeks a talented Lead Designer to work with our creative team developing online exhibits, interactive installations and websites for museums, arts and cultural organizations and more. We are looking for someone who is excited about creating innovative and compelling digital experiences that are both visually stunning and intuitive to use. In this position the Lead Designer will collaborate closely with clients, producers and the production team to envision interfaces for a range of platforms, including web, mobile and installations. This is a challenging and unique position with opportunities to grow.
- 5+ years’ experience in interactive design industry
- Undergraduate degree in design or art-related field
- Strong design, composition and typography skills
- User Experience Design for mobile, tablet and larger screens
- Clear understanding and practical skills in CSS, HTML5 (and SASS)
- Ability to work in a professional business environment and to clearly communicate with associates and clients
- Ability to manage time and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in working with cultural institutions, non-profits and museums a plus
- Work with the team to envision and produce engaging interactive experiences
- Design layouts, interfaces, animations, information and content graphics
- Develop interactive interfaces detailing content organization and interactive features
- Attend client meetings and contribute to the development of proposals
Competitive salary based on experience, full paid health benefits, 401(k) plan, and professional development funding. We maintain reasonable work hours.