Position: Design Intern
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: NAPCO Media
Position Type: Summer Design Internship
NAPCO Media is seeking a design intern to assist their busy art department on a part-time basis (approx 10-12 hours per week, June 19th – August 31st). The chosen candidate will work closely with designers as well as other departments at NAPCO to execute creative solutions for the various NAPCO products and services.
Essential Job Functions:
Required Skills and Educational Background:
- Assist design staff with production of emails, sell sheets, print and web ads, logo design, website design, tradeshow signage, publications, brochures, direct mail and event materials.
- Make required edits and manage workload to meet necessary deadlines.
- Mount signage for events and handle other event related production tasks.
- Maintain necessary project files and archives of assigned work.
- College senior, or recent graduate, studying Graphic Design.
- Strong knowledge of MAC-based Adobe Creative Suite software: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Understanding of fundamental design principles (typography, layout, hierarchy, color, composition) as it pertains to both print and online.
- Understanding of print processes and file preparation.
- Experience with html and css as it relates to emails and websites a PLUS!!!
- Outstanding communication skills, self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented.
Please submit resume and a digital portfolio (pdf or url) to firstname.lastname@example.org.