Position: Digital Designer/Front End Developer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Digital Designer/Front End Developer is a Philadelphia based position supporting Philadelphia and Boston magazines and reporting to the Creative Director, Creative Services. This person will play an integral role in the conceptual development, design and production of digital projects supporting brand and client initiatives. We are looking for someone who is first and foremost a digital designer with excellent UI/UX and HTML/CSS skills, a self-starter who can take a project from concept to final product and can bring strategic ideas to the table to improve our brand and product offerings.
This position will be responsible for digital projects ranging from, but are not limited to, sales and marketing materials, digital event collateral and promotion, e-blasts, banner ads and microsites. This role will also help to support City/Studio, an in-house custom content studio and the newest addition to the Philly Mag/ Boston Mag family.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Working closely with the Marketing, Events and Audience Departments to execute projects for events, client projects and promotional campaigns. Items include but are not limited to:
- Digital banner ads, email blasts, social media and microsite design
- Microsite and email blasts coding
- Templates for sales materials and presentations
- High-level mock-ups for larger sales and City/Studio proposals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, take direction, work independently and adhere to quick-turn around deadlines
- This role is located in our Philadelphia office but will support both Philadelphia and Boston magazines.
- BA Required
- 2-4 years of design experience
- Skills/Qualifications: Knowledgeable in Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML5, CSS3 and Microsoft Office. Video experience is a plus.
- Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Team Mentality, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Collaborative and can adapt to client and senior management direction
Upon applying please provide a pdf or link to your portfolio as well as provide salary requirements to Brandon McArdle, Senior Art Director, email@example.com. Applications will not be considered without portfolio and salary requirements. Metro Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.