Position: Design Intern
Location: West Chester, PA
Website: Merz Branding
Start Date: Fall 2019
Position Type: Internship
Salary: Hourly Compensatio
Merz is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to assist the creative team for a part-time paid internship during the Fall semester of 2019.
- To gain an understanding of how the creative department works with all of the other departments within the agency to provide branding for clients.
- To learn how a client’s brand can be applied across different media to create an impact.
- To participate in brainstorming meetings for client initiatives.
- To strengthen print production skills.
- To generally experience the work atmosphere and take the experience to use as a tool in the decision making of your future career.
Under the creative direction of the Director of Communications, this position will:
- Prepare final files for print and web utilizing the agency production checklist.
- Attend daily status meetings to discuss current and upcoming client projects.
- Make minor revisions to existing layouts.
- Resize and modify ads, flyers, and other artwork for print and digital.
- Assemble any internal or external materials needed for client projects as directed by the creative team.
- Assist the creative team with research on competitors brands and design trends.
- Meet with on-site supervisor on a bi-weekly basis to discuss progress.
- Currently enrolled in college
- Knows the Creative Cloud programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
- Can commit to 120 hours total during duration of internship (12 weeks, 10 hours per week)
Benefits and Salary:
- Hourly compensation
- Flexible hours