Position: Assistant Web Designer
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Website: Lilly Pulitzer
The Assistant Web Designer will use their exceptional design skills to work with the Lilly Pulitzer® E-commerce team to design key elements of the site, including homepages, landing pages, email blasts and other Lilly Pulitzer® digital marketing materials. These assets will be created based on project objectives, creative briefs, user experience design documentation, and brand standards.
As part of the overall duties, there are 8 major areas of responsibility:
- Work with the Lilly Pulitzer® E-commerce team to create inspired compositions for LillyPulitzer.com.
- Conceptualize and execute wireframes, templates and storyboards
- Design homepages, landing pages, email blasts, advertising and other Lilly Pulitzer® brand content.
- Ensure all website designs meet customer usability standards.
- Stay abreast in new technology in the E-commerce and graphic design space.
- Retouch product images for www.lillypulitzer.com.
- Execute designs based on both new concepts and previously established templates, and be able to communicate with developers in order to follow through on projects from start to finish
- Take all work (no matter how big or small) and all constructive criticism seriously, in order to enhance career development and the design standards of the company
Skills Required to Perform Successfully
The Assistant Web Designer is a key member of the E-Commerce team, and needs to have the following skills:
- Talented interactive designer with excellent typography, color theory and composition skills
- The ability to think strategically from a marketing perspective
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe® Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Basic or advanced skills in HTML, CSS, JAVA
- Understanding of interactive design and user experience
- Ability to grasp the Lilly Pulitzer® brand aesthetic
- Effective communication, organization, problem solving, and leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-up and organizational skills
- Strong planning and time-management skills, with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
Education and Experience Required:
- Four year degree in graphic or web design
- Work experience in Interactive/Web design
- A strong understanding of apparel retailing, e-commerce and the Internet, and industry trends
- This position is classified as full-time salaried. This position is exempt and not eligible for overtime. This position is eligible for standard company fringe benefits.
- The position requires some limited domestic travel. Travel may be required to participate in industry conferences, to visit operational sites, and to visit Lilly Pulitzer points of distribution
- Given the seasonality of the business, this position may require flexible, additional working hours during peak periods. This position may also require supporting phone-based customer service and/or fulfillment during peak periods.
- This position is based in King of Prussia, PA.
- This position is reviewed annually.