Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Karma Agency
Karma Agency is looking for a Designer to bring clever design thinking to an active creative studio.
This position requires an individual with a solid point of view, including:
Your background must include:
- An ideas person who can bring strategic insight to every point of influence in the marketing continuum,
- A solid understanding of the role of communications, and how design contributes to that
- Big-picture thinker and meticulous doer
- An optimistic problem solver, one who finds opportunity in challenge
- Proactive, taking initiative and anticipating next steps
- Behaves as a member of a team (especially with copywriters), rather than as a silo
The Designer at Karma requires the following roles and responsibilities:
- A degree from an art school or and ad or design program
- Art-director concepting with a designer’s finesse
- 3+ years of design experience in a communications agency setting
- Demonstration that you understand messaging and copy
- InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite like the back of your hand.
- A rich book including the following: identity work, long-form print, digital work, some video and a presentation manner that demonstrates you know how to talk about your work
- Work with copywriters and creative directors to develop conceptual design solutions for all manner of execution, not limited to print, digital, social, video and photography.
- Come prepared to briefings and actively participate in understanding each project
- Develop thoughtful, strategic client presentations and represent the agency with consideration and creativity
- Possess good taste and judgment, and be able to explain your ideas
- Work intelligently with vendors and partners to confirm specs, prepare files and release assets for production
- Participate in calls and meetings with clients