Position: Junior Digital Designer
Location: Conshohocken, PA
The Junior Digital Designer is responsible for assisting and supporting design for web and interactive projects. The Junior Digital Designer will translate the brand experience cohesively to digital formats. Using their strong interactive and graphic capabilities, the Junior Digital Designer is responsible for delivering creative, high quality products that follow brand guidelines and contribute to the visual growth of David’s Bridal. The Junior Digital Designer must be capable of taking direction, self-motivated and work well as part of a small interdisciplinary team.
- Design and execute all editorial web design projects including: in-house communications, sale and event based e-mails, and DavidsBridal.com.
- Deliver web-ready files, and work closely with Production Manager.
- Meet deadlines efficiently with high-quality final products.
- Research appropriate technologies and methods to help ensure designs incorporate the leading edge of web and social media design.
- Participate in and prepare for weekly creative team meetings.
- Work closely with the Web and Graphic design teams to execute the Creative Director’s design direction.
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn new methods and techniques as required.
- Bachelors degree required with focus on digital design preferred
- One or more years working in interactive/graphic design industry
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and an interest in experimentation/communication formats.
- Production knowledge and ability to create web-ready files.
- Fluency in industry standard software suites (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Knowledge of html, CSS, image processing, current technical understanding is required
- Tremendous curiosity and appetite to push the envelope, balanced with knowledge and respect of best practices
- Strong typography skills
- Strong conceptualization skills
- Very detail-oriented
- Exhibit enthusiasm and willingness to be a team player
- Ability to manage several projects; efficiency and organization skills are a must
- Demonstration of self-initiation/motivation on projects
- Strong execution skills in preparing web-ready files
- Strong illustration and hand skills are a plus
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone or similar device with or without assistive technology
- Ability to perform sedentary work
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.