Position: Jr. Graphic Designer
Website: Hotwire Communications, LLC.
Position Type: Full-Time
Come power the future with us!
From the beginning, Hotwire Communications has been focused on the future – bringing the power and speed of fiber optics directly to customers. We were among the first companies in the US to offer IPTV Video and the first to offer gigabit speeds in Florida.
And that leadership continues.
We are looking for team members who are passionate about technology and what it means for all our lives. We are looking for leaders to drive us into the future and we are looking for individuals who are prepared to do whatever it takes to create a truly exceptional customer experience day in and day out.
The Jr. Graphic Designer will create visual concepts, using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate intended audiences.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to interact with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail and organization; ability to prioritize and complete tasks prior to deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect privacy, comply with State and Federal laws, and comply with corporate regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (including public speaking) in English.
- Ability to remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization
- Demonstrated ability with exceptional organizational skills and effective time management.
- Ability to work cooperatively and as a member of a team and display interpersonal awareness.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced computer literacy required with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro), Sketch, PowerPoint, Clear Slide, and Key Note.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability work independently; a self-starter who is able to produce high quality work with minimal direction.
- Typically faces situations that have a variety of interpretations and require careful evaluation.
- Ability to attend various meetings as requested with minimal advanced notice.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including, evenings and weekends.
- Participate in the conceptualizing, design and editing of production files for a wide variety of materials.
- Assist in the maintaining of brand standards by auditing and updating marketing materials, advertisements, newsletters, company logos, stationary and presentations.
- Communicate with Art Director on a regular basis.
- Work closely with marketing, PR and Design team to produce digital and print messaging for all areas including but not limited to social media and web-messaging, community ads, internal announcements and customer email campaigns.
- Proofread all comps, printer’s proofs, and printed samples before release to the printer.
- Communicate with suppliers, vendors, and Business Managers regarding artwork.
- Integrate new ideas for printing, displays, signage, print media, and updated equipment. * Web design or UI/UX design is a plus.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least 2 years’ of experience, Bachelor’s Degree and relevant work experience.
- A comprehensive portfolio of past graphic design work samples.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced proficiency with common graphic design software, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro) and common business software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Comfortable and effective working with senior-level executives and external entities. Meticulousness, imagination, and a passion for design, aesthetics, and high-quality work is essential.