Position: Art Director, UX
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Health Union
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $50,000 to $65,000, depending upon experience and skills
Health Union, LLC is seeking an Art Director to join our UX team. The principal role of Art Director will be to art direct for three online communities for people who have challenging health conditions. Staying up-to-date on all aspects of these communities, their conditions, as well as creating diverse and compelling illustration based imagery in a way that relates to that audience, is critical to this role. The UX team works on a multitude of projects which keeps things interesting and encourages growth. Some of these projects include: client and house advertisements, reworking data into compelling infographics, imagery for social media, and designing marketing materials for company events. This role also requires minimal overtime.
Successful candidates will have experience that demonstrates a good understanding of graphic design principles and a working knowledge of user experience. Candidates must have superior communication and time management skills, as this role will include cross-team collaboration, have multiple projects due within the same timeframe, and daily conversations with co-workers working remotely. The best candidate for this role will be reliable, teachable and passionate about great design. We strive to serve our communities the best we can and are looking to hire someone that is passionate about doing the same.
Art Director, UX is a full-time position, located at Health Union offices in Philadelphia (Center City). Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- UX representative for 3 of our communities which requires you to keep a general knowledge of these communities; what works visually, what doesn’t work, etc.
- Manage creative projects from inception to final deployment or at times directing other team members through a project
- Attend and proactively participate in UX and cross-team meetings
- Collaborate with Creative Director and other Art Directors on how to improve our work and participate in group or personal creative critiques
In addition to the Qualifications above, the ideal candidate for this opportunity would also possess:
- Collaboration and ingenuity are required qualities for all Health Union employees. The ideal candidate will have:
- 2–5 years of graphic design experience
- Strong digital portfolio
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Solid experience with Adobe CC (Illustrator and InDesign) or Sketch
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a creative team
- Experience in digital advertising and editorial
- Working knowledge of UX best practices
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Illustration and animation skills a huge plus!
$50,000 to $65,000, depending upon experience and skills. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Creative Director, UX
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please include your resume and a link to your portfolio in your online application.
*Candidates only. No recruiters, please.