Position: Art Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Center City) Website: http://www.health-union.com Start Date: 2/3/2020 Position Type: Full Time
Salary: $50 – 65K depending on experience
Health Union is seeking an Art Director to join our Editorial department within our UX & Creative team. The principal role of the Art Director will be to lead the art direction for three online communities for people living with challenging health conditions. The Art Director must be able to stay up-to-date on all aspects of these communities in order to create compelling illustration-based imagery that is relatable to that specific audience. As one of several departments within the UX & Creative team, the Editorial department focuses on the visual identity of our 25+ communities through an array of projects. These projects include: illustration-based imagery for content published daily, reworking data and information into compelling infographics, creative for social media campaigns, and a variety of community collateral such as awareness month initiatives.
Successful candidates will have experience that demonstrates an understanding of graphic design principles and a working illustration practice. Candidates must have superior communication and time management skills, as this role will include cross-team collaboration, daily conversations with co-workers working remotely, and will require the candidate to balance working on multiple projects within the same timeframe. The best candidate for this role will be reliable, teachable and passionate about great design. We strive to serve and better the lives of Health Union’s communities and are looking to hire someone that is passionate about doing the same.
● Creative team representative and owner of visual identity for 3 condition-specific digital communities
● Develop insight and general knowledge into the health condition(s) associated with each of your communities in order to determine what works and doesn’t work conceptually and visually
● Manage a range of projects from inception to final deployment
● Participate in Editorial and cross-team meetings
Collaboration and ingenuity are required qualities for all Health Union employees. The ideal candidate will have:
● 2–5 years of graphic design experience
● Outstanding portfolio that includes digital design and custom illustration
● Strong conceptual skills
● Strong typesetting/layout skills
● Solid experience with industry standard design software such as Adobe CC, Affinity, Procreate and/or Sketch
● Proven ability to work effectively as part of a creative team
Benefits and Salary:
Strong company benefits including 20 days PTO, medical/dental/vision, 401k with company contribution, paid maternity & parental leave, work from home 1 day per week, summer Fridays and more. More about Health Union:
Health Union is a dynamic company that’s growing at a fast pace. To us, the most important part of managing fast growth is maintaining our culture. But don’t just take our word for it: Philly.com, Philadelphia Business Journal, and MM&M have all named Health Union a “best place to work”–and we take pride in living up to that hype every day. At Health Union:
● We cultivate a fun, family-friendly work environment that values inclusion, community, excellence, and transparency.
● We work hard, play hard and in the process, form close-knit relationships that breed an authentic, respectful culture of teaching and learning.
● All team members – from executives to managers to people in entry-level positions – sit together in an open office and enjoy a fully integrated, collaborative and supportive work environment.
● All team members enjoy free personal training classes, a full supply of La Colombe coffee, frequent on-site social events, Summer Fridays, and a complimentary, family-style lunch once a week.
● Full-time team members are immediately eligible for comprehensive health benefits, FSA for transit, parking, and dependent care, as well as PTO and paid holidays.
Health Union is the only digital health company that continuously does the hard work to bring people together by evolving social interactions into meaningful health conversations through a growing portfolio of online health communities. Within each of our 25+ (and growing) condition-specific communities, Health Union encourages engagement that helps millions of people with chronic conditions find the information, connection and validation they seek. Learn more at www.health-union.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Health Union participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S for any employer.
This is a full-time position, located at Health Union offices in Philadelphia (Center City). Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Please apply via our website and please provide a copy of your portfolio (you will be asked for this as part of the online application process.
Stay connected and learn about the latest news and events in our community!