Position: Production Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Center City)
Website: Health Union
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $40,000- $48,000 depending on exp.
Health Union is seeking a Production Designer to join our UX team. The principal role of the Production Designer will be to support the Editorial, Marketing, and Multimedia branches of our design team.
What You Do:
The UX Production team works on a diversity of projects, from illustration to newsletters to animation and video work. Based on the candidate’s experience and career goals, we offer the opportunity to learn, grow, and explore different creative disciplines. Responsibilities are not limited to but can include assisting the Editorial team with imagery and design for editorial content and social media, working with the Multimedia team on digital video and animation projects, and helping the Marketing team create newsletters, banners, and promotional materials for both internal and external use.
Successful candidates will have experience that demonstrates a solid understanding of graphic design principles and a working knowledge of user experience. Candidates must have superior communication and time management skills, as this role will include cross-team collaboration, and daily conversations with co-workers working remotely. The best candidate for this role will be reliable, teachable, and passionate about great design. We strive to serve and better the lives of our communities and partners the best we can and are looking for someone that is passionate about doing the same.
What You Bring:
Collaboration and ingenuity are required qualities for all Health Union employees. The ideal candidate will have:
- 1–3 years of graphic design experience
- Portfolio that includes digital design and custom illustration
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Solid experience with creative software, including Adobe CC (Illustrator and InDesign) and Sketch
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a creative team
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate for this opportunity would also possess:
- Experience in digital advertising and editorial environments
- Working knowledge of UX best practices
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Illustration, multimedia, and animation skills a huge plus
This is a full-time position, located at our offices in Center City, Philadelphia. It requires minimal overtime.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please include your resume and a link to your portfolio in your online application.
HEALTH UNION REALLY IS THE BEST PLACE TO WORK
Health Union is a dynamic company that’s growing at a fast pace. To us, the most important part of managing fast growth is maintaining our culture. But don’t just take our word for it: Philly.com, Philadelphia Business Journal, and MM&M have all named Health Union a “best place to work”–and we take pride in living up to that hype every day. At Health Union:
- We cultivate a fun, family-friendly work environment that values inclusion, community, excellence, and transparency.
- We work hard, play hard and in the process, form close-knit relationships that breed an authentic, respectful culture of teaching and learning.
- All team members – from executives to managers to people in entry-level positions – sit together in an open office and enjoy a fully integrated, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- All team members enjoy free personal training classes, a full supply of La Colombe coffee, frequent on-site social events, Summer Fridays, and a complimentary, family-style lunch once a week.
- Full-time team members are immediately eligible for comprehensive health benefits, FSA for transit, parking, and dependent care, as well as PTO and paid holidays. At Health Union, our goal is to harness the full power of the internet and emerging technologies to help people with challenging health conditions live better lives. Our unique approach combines new daily, original content with digital, social and mobile technologies to cultivate active, engaged online communities. More than just a digital publisher, we believe the voice of personal experience from people impacted by an illness, disease or health condition is the most important voice in healthcare. Learn more at www.health-union.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. To comply with federal law, Health Union participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S for any employer. This is a full-time position, located at Health Union offices in Philadelphia (Center City). Relocation assistance is not available for this position. *Candidates only. No direct calls or emails. No recruiters/agencies, please.