Position: Art Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Center City)
Website: Health Union
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $50,000 to $65,000 depending on exp.
Health Union is seeking an Art Director to join our Editorial team. The principal role of Art Director will be to art direct three online communities for people living with challenging health conditions. Staying up-to-date on many aspects of these communities, their conditions, as well as creating diverse and compelling illustration-based imagery in a way that relates to that audience, is critical to this role. As one of several departments within the UX team, the Editorial team focuses on the visual identity of our 20 communities through an array of projects. These projects include: illustration-based imagery for content published daily, client and house ad creation, reworking data and information into compelling infographics, creative for social media based campaigns, awareness month initiatives, and a variety of community collateral. This role also requires minimal overtime.
Successful candidates will have experience that demonstrates an understanding of graphic design principles and a working illustration practice. Candidates must have superior communication and time management skills, as this role will include cross-team collaboration, daily conversations with co-workers working remotely, and will require the candidate to balance working on multiple projects within the same timeframe. The best candidate for this role will be reliable, teachable and passionate about great design. We strive to serve and better the lives of Health Union’s communities and are looking to hire someone that is passionate about doing the same.
What You Do:
- Creative team representative and owner of visual identity for 3 condition specific digital communities
- Develop insight and a general knowledge into the health condition(s) associated with each of your communities in order to determine what works and doesn’t work conceptually and visually
- Manage a range of projects from inception to final deployment
- Participate in and occasionally lead Editorial and cross-team meetings
- Results focused regarding personal professional development and within your communities
What You Bring:
Collaboration and ingenuity are required qualities for all Health Union employees. The ideal candidate will have:
- 2–5 years of graphic design experience
- Outstanding portfolio that includes digital design and custom illustration
- Strong conceptual skills
- Solid experience with Adobe CC (Illustrator and InDesign) or Sketch
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a creative team
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate for this opportunity would also possess:
- Experience in digital advertising and editorial environments
- Working knowledge of UX best practices
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Animation skills a plus
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please include your resume and a link to your portfolio in your online application.
HEALTH UNION REALLY IS THE BEST PLACE TO WORK
Health Union is a dynamic company that’s growing at a fast pace. To us, the most important part of managing fast growth is maintaining our culture. But don’t just take our word for it: Philly.com, Philadelphia Business Journal, and MM&M have all named Health Union a “best place to work”–and we take pride in living up to that hype every day. At Health Union:
- We cultivate a fun, family-friendly work environment that values inclusion, community, excellence, and transparency.
- We work hard, play hard and in the process, form close-knit relationships that breed an authentic, respectful culture of teaching and learning.
- All team members – from executives to managers to people in entry-level positions – sit together in an open office and enjoy a fully integrated, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- All team members enjoy free personal training classes, a full supply of La Colombe coffee, frequent on-site social events, Summer Fridays, and a complimentary, family-style lunch once a week.
- Full-time team members are immediately eligible for comprehensive health benefits, FSA for transit, parking, and dependent care, as well as PTO and paid holidays. At Health Union, our goal is to harness the full power of the internet and emerging technologies to help people with challenging health conditions live better lives. Our unique approach combines new daily, original content with digital, social and mobile technologies to cultivate active, engaged online communities. More than just a digital publisher, we believe the voice of personal experience from people impacted by an illness, disease or health condition is the most important voice in healthcare. Learn more at www.health-union.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. To comply with federal law, Health Union participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S for any employer. This is a full-time position, located at Health Union offices in Philadelphia (Center City). Relocation assistance is not available for this position. *Candidates only. No direct calls or emails. No recruiters/agencies, please.