Position: Art Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Center City)
Website: Health Union
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-time Employee
Health Union is seeking an Art Director to join our Editorial team. The principal role of Art Director will be to art direct three online communities for people living with challenging health conditions. Staying up-to-date on many aspects of these communities, their conditions, as well as creating diverse and compelling illustration based imagery in a way that relates to that audience, is critical to this role. As one of several departments within the UX team, the Editorial team focuses on the visual identity of our 19 communities through an array of projects. These projects include: illustration based imagery for content published daily, client and house ad creation, reworking data and information into compelling infographics, creative for social media based campaigns, awareness month initiatives, and a variety of community collateral. This role also requires minimal overtime.
This is a full-time position, located at Health Union offices in Philadelphia (Center City).
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Editorial team representative for 3 of our communities
- Insight and a general knowledge of the health condition(s) associated with each of your communities; what works visually/conceptually, what doesn’t work
- Manage projects from inception to final deployment or at times directing other team members through a project
- Attend and proactively participate in Editorial and cross-team meetings
- Collaborate with the Editorial or other UX teams on how to improve our work
- Participate in group and/or personal creative critiques
Successful candidates will have experience that demonstrates an understanding of graphic design principles and a working illustration practice. Candidates must have superior communication and time management skills, as this role will include cross-team collaboration, daily conversations with co-workers working remotely, and will require the candidate to balance working on multiple projects within the same timeframe. The best candidate for this role will be reliable, teachable and passionate about great design. We strive to serve and better the lives of Health Union’s communities and are looking to hire someone that is passionate about doing the same.
Collaboration and ingenuity are required qualities for all Health Union employees. The desired candidate will have:
- 2–5 years of graphic design experience
- Strong digital portfolio
- Illustration experience
- Solid experience with Adobe CC (Illustrator and InDesign) or Sketch
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a creative team
In addition to the Qualifications above, the ideal candidate for this opportunity would also possess:
Benefits and Salary:
- Experience in digital advertising and editorial
- Working knowledge of UX best practices
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Animation skills a plus!
Health Union offers competitive benefits and salary compensation package for all full-time and part-time employees