Position: Web Designer
Location: Radnor, PA
Website: Hartford Funds
The Web Designer will be responsible for the design and development of Hartford Funds’ website, to include the creation of custom graphics and website content management. Additional tasks include designing email marketing campaigns, landing page development, and mobile website and application design. This position will work closely with the Marketing Team to create effective and engaging digital experiences for our Financial Professional and client-facing audiences.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean, sophisticated digital design; possess superior user interface design skills, creative problem-solving skills, and a foundation in usability and functional design. The candidate will be able to partner with marketing staff to develop engaging content from conceptual stage through to final production, transforming ideas into creative, intuitive, and functional designs. The candidate should be up-to-date and actively interested in current web technologies and trends.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
- Design and publish website content using CMS and other tools, assist marketing staff in creation of pages and graphics
- Design and build HTML email marketing campaigns, landing pages and other campaign elements following industry standards and best practices
- Execute all visual design stages from concept, wireframes, and mockups through publish.
- Produce and be accountable for the final development of creative digital assets and ensures accuracy.
- Design persuasive interactive marketing assets as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs
- Coordinate with marketing partners to present and defend designs for creative review.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, to include copywriting, sales, IT and other business professionals as needed for specific project objectives
- Promote and ensure design and brand guidelines, best practices and standards in all executions
- Contribute to generating creative ideas and strategic concepts with the broader creative team
- Provide Marketing Team with ideas and insights on using digital trends, techniques and technologies in projects
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of professional web design experience required
- Proficiency with production and design applications in digital and print channels
- Demonstrated expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite as required by the job function
- Knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques including responsive design, user-centered and interaction design. Ability to challenge conventional design approaches with new tactics and innovative executions
- Familiarity with content management concepts; experience with Adobe Experience Manager or other CMS tool
- Ability to manage projects efficiently and traffic own workload
- Effective written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to clearly communicate with peers, leadership team and clients.
- Leverages data and trends in the competitive landscape to produce persuasive design that leverages the best methodology for the goal
- Leverages research and data to drive design executions
- Listens well and incorporates others viewpoints into the design process
- Maintains accuracy & delivering projects on time despite pressing deadlines
- Adapts to changing priorities, deadlines and directions
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Radnor, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds and 529 college savings plans. The Company offers a broad range of actively managed strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $73.3 billion as of September 30, 2014 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are sub-advised by Wellington Management, a leading investment advisor.
Every Hartford Funds investment is backed by a group of people who are experienced, insightful, curious and knowledgeable not just about money, the economy or the stock market, but about investors, society, human nature, life stage trends, generational differences and more. Our firm is made up of people who constantly study all of the things that go into good investment management and good management of your financial life.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and benefit from the stability and opportunities associated with being part of The Hartford, one of the nation’s largest and longest running insurance providers.
TOP WORK PLACES 2014 philly.com
Top Workplaces 2014 is an effort to discover the best employers in the Philadelphia region – as decided by each company’s employees. More than 26,000 were surveyed by WorkplaceDynamics of Exton.
There’s never been a better time to join the Hartford Funds team – come grow with us!
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION
This position requires a thorough and extensive background investigation that will check your work history, criminal history, military service if applicable, education records, and any declared licenses and certifications. The Hartford prides itself on integrity and ethics. If made an offer, employment is contingent upon a successful background check. Please ensure that all information you provide to The Hartford is complete and accurate, including information on your resume and application.
Please apply at www.hartfordfunds.com.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **