This position will have the responsibility of working on a variety of projects, primarily involved in Hartford Funds’ website design and development, including creation of custom graphics and content. Additional tasks will include designing email marketing campaigns, landing page development, and mobile website and application design. This position will work closely with Marketing professionals to create effective and engaging digital experiences for our Financial Professional and client-facing audiences.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean, sophisticated digital design; possess superior user interface design skills, creative problem-solving skills, and a foundation in usability and functional design. The candidate will be able to partner with marketing staff to develop engaging content from conceptual stage through to final production, transforming ideas into creative, intuitive, and functional designs. The candidate should be up-to-date and actively interested in current web technologies and trends.
- Design and publish website content using content management system, as well as hand-coded HTML and CSS development. Assist marketing staff in creation of pages and graphics.
- Design and build HTML email marketing campaigns, landing pages and other campaign elements following industry standards and best practices
- Execute all visual design stages from concept, wireframes, and mockups through development/coding and publish.
- Produces and is accountable for the final development of creative digital assets and ensures accuracy.
- Design persuasive interactive marketing assets as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs
- Coordinate with marketing partners to present and defend designs for creative review.
- Partners with copywriting, sales, IT and other business professionals as needed for specific project objectives
- Promote and ensure design and brand guidelines, best practices and standards in all executions
- Contribute to generating creative ideas and strategic concepts with the broader creative team
- Provides Marketing Team with ideas and insights on using digital trends, techniques and technologies in projects
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
- Bachelor’s degree, 4 years of professional web design experience required
- Proficiency with production and design applications in digital and print channels
- Demonstrates proficient expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite as required by the job function
- Knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques including responsive design, user-centered and interaction design. Ability to challenge conventional design approaches with new tactics and innovative executions
- Familiarity with content management concepts; experience with Adobe Experience Manager or other CMS tool
- Ability to manage projects efficiently and traffic own workload
- Writes and speaks effectively and is able to clearly communicate with peers, leadership team and clients.
- Leverages data and trends in the competitive landscape to produce persuasive design that leverages the best methodology for the goal
- Leverages research and data to drive design executions
- Listens well and incorporates others viewpoints into the design process
- Maintains accuracy & delivering projects on time despite pressing deadlines
- Adapts to changing priorities, deadlines and directions
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Radnor, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $78.1 billion as of September 30, 2016 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy. Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace. Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity. ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **