Position: Junior Designer, Running Press
Website: Hachette Book Group
Position Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
• Design approximately 5+ titles a season (three seasons) across multiple imprints. Entails working with Associate Art Director (RP Studio), Editorial, and Production to design and layout book covers and interiors from initial acquisition to print ready files in multiple formats.
• Hire and manage illustrators and photographers as needed.
• Work with licensed brands and their assets to create books and kits.
• Ensure all covers and related sales assets are created and uploaded into proprietary databases in a timely matter.
• Create sales and publicity material as needed for all assigned titles.
• Report up to and meet weekly with Associate Art Director for RP Studio.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.
• Knowledge and skills Required: BFA, BA, or Associates degree in design.
• Proficient in Creative Cloud: InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Strong typography skills and ability to design in a variety of styles and genres.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate in individual and group settings as well as with out-of-house illustrators, photographers, and freelancers.
• Ability to manage multiple project schedules and tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.