Position: Graphic Design Intern
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Are you a smart, energetic designer looking for a paid internship in a Center City creative department? We want to hear from you.
Our Internship is 40 hours weekly. Start and end dates are negotiable, but generally start in September and continue into February.
Under the direction of the Creative Director, the Graphic Designer Intern will develop themes, graphics and brands for our major programs and events, design print materials within existing graphic themes, work with staff to determine project parameters and complete projects from concept to delivery. The ideal candidate will have a clean design aesthetic and excellent typography and will enjoy working collaboratively with our small team of print and web designers.
See some of what we do at https://www.pinterest.com/gpccart/examples-of-our-work/.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Creative Director and Design Team
- Create print materials using existing graphics
- Develop new graphic themes for brands and events
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator in a Macintosh environment
- A positive attitude and ability to take direction
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Ability to create graphics for the web
- Basic photo retouching and illustration skills
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Premier, After Effects or Motion a plus
- Comfortable yet energetic in the creative process
- Action-oriented and able to work independently, as well as within a team
- Capable of working on and managing multiple design projects at a given time and executing quickly
- Detail-oriented, especially under deadline pressure
- Highly creative, with a balance of strategic vision and day-to-day productivity
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organized and communicative
- Works well under pressure
- Positive attitude
Interested candidates should send a resume to Nate Johnson • firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must either include a link to a web-based portfolio or 3-5 examples of work in pdf format.