Position: Graphic Designer, Creative Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promoting growth and economic development, advocating for sound public policy, and serving our members with outstanding programs and benefits. GPCC is the premier advocate of the region’s business community, representing approximately 4,500 member companies in 11 counties across three states with one voice.
Primary Position Purpose
As part of the in-house Creative Services team, the Graphic Designer will develop compelling marketing materials to support the mission, promotion and development of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and its discrete business units. Reporting to the Creative Services Manager, within the Marketing Department, the Graphic Designer will develop themes, graphics and brands for major programs and events, design print materials within existing graphic themes, work with staff to determine project parameters and complete projects from concept to delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work within an interdisciplinary marketing team to deliver professional, timely work to internal clients in various design formats; both in print and online.
Typical projects include but are not limited to:
- Event invitations, agendas, program books, signage and other promotional materials.
- Digital graphics for email, web and social media marketing.
- Work in a range of styles, media and applications while presenting a clean aesthetic style and maintaining the organizational brand standards.
- Provide additional support to marketing efforts, programs, events and other Chamber initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Advertising Design or related, or knowledge equivalent to such degree.
- One to two years’ experience working directly with in-house or agency clients in various design styles.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (CC), other web-based visual design platforms and media proficiency a plus.
- Photography, video production or any other multi-media experience is a major plus.
- Knowledge of Greater Philadelphia region and business community a plus.
- Client-focused with a collaborative approach to design.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities.
- Strategic thinker with an innate curiosity.
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Diligence in meeting deadlines and ability to work independently and under pressure.
Examples of Our Work
See some of what we do at www.pinterest.com/gpccart/examples-of-our-work.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
On a standard workday, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and interacting with colleagues in internal meetings. However, on a regular basis, the Graphic Designer will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.
GPCC offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits package.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the names/contact info of three professional references to upload with the application. Applications that fail to fulfill this requirement will not be accepted. Please note that our applicant tracking system is not compatible with Google Chrome; please use an alternative browser when applying.