Position: Graphic Designer (Print Magazine)
Location: Remote – Philadelphia Region
Website: ABL Advisor
Position Type: Freelance, contact, seasonal, etc.
Start Date: January 1, 2023
ABL Advisor is seeking a creative freelance graphic designer with experience in the design and production of print magazines to work with our publishing team located in the Philadelphia suburbs. This is a remote position focused on the design and production of six (6) bi-monthly print magazines produced for eight years for a national association focused on the commercial finance industry. Experience in the commercial finance industry design is not required.
• Work closely with the editorial and advertising team to generate ideas to portray concepts covered in magazine articles and related content. Due to this being an off- site, remote position, regular communication and responsiveness is critical during press time.
• Oversee all design magazines from conception to completion.
• Maintain brand consistency throughout magazine.
• Work within timelines with publishing team to ensure deadlines are met.
• 3 -5 years’ work experience in print magazine design – work samples required.
• Advanced proficiency with common graphic design software, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro) and common business software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Full understanding of pre-press, print production and the printing process.
• A strong eye for layout, typography and design principles.
• Commitment to quality; Demonstrated creativity and innovation; Exceptional attention to detail.
Hourly Rate Requested
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume, portfolio link, any relevant design examples, and hourly rate to Michael Toglia, Publisher, at email@example.com.