Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Center City District
Position Type: Full time Permanent
Center City District, a business improvement district, is seeking a full-time, talented and highly motivated graphic designer to join our creative team. This is a hands-on role that will aid in all pre- and post-production aspects of our print and digital initiatives under the direction of Center City District’s Creative Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and conceptualize original pieces, including illustrations, marketing material and infographics.
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products and services.
- Design and supervise production of a wide range of print and electronic materials, including but not limited to annual reports, newsletters, brochures, advertisements, invitations, maps, graphs, posters, banners, environmental signage systems, email newsletters, online advertising and websites.
- Oversee all design projects from conception to completion.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our projects.
- Coordinate and manage project timelines with interdepartmental teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Consult with outside designers, photographers and advertising professionals retained by the CCD.
- Inventory, organize and maintain a library of photographic and electronic images.
- Provide photographic assistance as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Graphic Design from a four-year college or university.
- 5+ years’ work experience with print and interactive related design in a professional team setting. Intimate knowledge of Adobe CC Suite including In-Design, Illustrator, After Effects and Photoshop on a Macintosh platform.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with 3D rendering software, such as AutoCAD, SketchUp or equivalent.
- Video editing knowledge is a plus.
- Full understanding of pre-press, print production and the printing process.
- A strong eye for layout, typography and design principles.
- Understanding of information design, map design and info graphics.
- Ability to take complex data and information and present it graphically in a clear, legible manner for a variety of media.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative interpersonal relationships.
- Commitment to quality.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation.
- The ability to work independently.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- The ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug testing.
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination required, reasonable accommodation will be considered.
- Medical, Dental and Vision health benefits
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan with Company Matching
- Transit Check Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- In House Training Programs
- Employee Assistance Program