Position: Graphic Design Program Coordinator
Location: Wilmington, DE
Website: Delaware College of Art and Design
Start Date: 08/01/2023
The Graphic Design Program Coordinator is a full-time faculty member that provides creative vision and support to Delaware College of Art and Design’s Graphic Design program and its curricular development and delivery. DCAD seeks a dynamic design educator who demonstrates experience in multi-media asset creation informed by user experience design strategies that support foundational web and app development.
In addition to teaching a 3:3 load, the graphic design program coordinator would contribute their knowledge and expertise to graphic design course & program assessment, department recruitment activities and co-curricular activities to support graphic design student engagement and professional development.
1. MFA degree in Graphic Design, Digital/Interactive Media, or closely related field.
2. Active and successful professional creative practice that reflects projects and achievements in the industry of print and interactive media design.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically with applications that support design for print and web/app design.
4. Demonstrated knowledge in industry needs and opportunities based on strong evidence in professional portfolio.
5. Minimum 3 years of collegiate teaching experience.
1. Experience in a position of management or creative direction, AND/OR experience serving as a full-time faculty member or academic department head in higher education.
2. An understanding of coding language and skills appropriate for concept development and initial web and app design.
3. An understanding of marketing and communication strategies and multi-media digital asset creation that supports those strategies.
4. An understanding of the role of assessment in course and program development.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Start date for this position would be August 1, 2023. For consideration, send a cover letter, current Curriculum Vitae or Resume, portfolio and 2 professional references to email@example.com.
The Delaware College of Art and Design is located at 600 North Market Street in Wilmington, Delaware. Established in 1997 in a joint venture with Pratt Institute and the Corcoran, the College’s mission is to empower emerging creatives to take artistic risks and engage with inclusive and diverse communities. Our vision is to become a nationally recognized powerhouse of creativity, education, inspiration, and engagement. We offer associate degrees in five majors: Animation, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Illustration, and Photography & Video and, to date, have over 1000 alumni.
The College’s values statement identifies four core values: Dedication, Creativity, Accomplishment, Diversity. We value our entire community’s contributions and respect the ways that differences in culture, experience, abilities, and background enrich the college environment.
DCAD is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all educational activities, admissions, scholarship and loan programs, and employment. Discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, or other protected status is prohibited at the Delaware College of Art Design. Acts of discrimination that limit or deny access to the educational process and create a hostile environment are not consistent with Delaware College of Art and Design’s philosophy or mission. EEO/AAE
Benefits and Salary:
This is a ten-month position, with 403(b), medical, dental, and vision insurance, etc. $48,000 – $60,000 (commensurate with experience and credentials)
Please include email address or website for applicants to send resumes.