Position: Environmental Graphic Designer
Location: Radnor, PA/Philadelphia
Website: Granum A/I
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Willing to consider contract, part-time, or full-time
Salary Range: Negotiable based upon candidate experience, capabilities and availability
Design-focused and award-winning architecture and interior design firm is looking for a highly motivated graphic designer with exceptional design creativity to participate in the creation of large scale environmental graphics, signage and wayfinding programs for multiple corporate clients. It is important that the designer be team-oriented with excellent organization and verbal communication skills. This position requires a balance of skills: artistic creativity, flexibility in receiving and interpreting team and client feedback, consistency in documentation, accuracy and attention to detail. This position could begin on either a full-time basis or a part-time contract basis with the possibility of growing into a full-time role. For the right candidate we would consider allowing the designer to work offsite part-time and participate in charrettes and team meetings held in our office.
Project responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Designing custom environmental graphics, signage and wayfinding systems for multiple large corporate clients
- Teaming with our architects and interior designers to tightly integrate architectural and graphic design work
- Attend client meetings when requested
- Reviewing and interpreting client’s brand manuals and unique corporate identities
- Evaluate client’s corporate culture, programming needs and budget criteria and quickly develop multiple concepts for presentation
- Receive client and team feedback, refine designs and produce documentation for bidding and fabrication
- Develop specifications for graphic and signage elements for bidding purposes
- Interface with outside vendors
- Participate with other team members in reviewing fabrication drawings and vendor installations
- Have the ability to address at times multiple project assignments in a fast-paced work environment
- Assist with the development of company marketing materials
About Granum A/I:
- Professional industry experience of 3-5 plus years, with a strong portfolio of relevant work
- Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Acrobat or Bluebeam, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Highly skilled with creating vector graphics
- Ability to participate confidently in a design team setting that is heavily invested in a three-dimensional design methodology. Proficiency in using SketchUp or other 3d modeling software is desired.
- Highly skilled with focus on layout, typography, color, message hierarchy, content legibility
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and desire to work as part of a larger team
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and graphic
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Professionalism in work ethic, consistency and dedication to attaining the highest quality results
- Ability to make consistent progress and meet deadlines
Granum A/I is an interactive, inquisitive, collaborative architecture, interior design and planning firm providing innovative solutions for clients in a wide range of industries including corporate, higher education, manufacturing and bespoke residential.
Please submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, resume and relevant samples illustrating professional and academic experience. Supply all requested documents in PDF format, 6MB maximum size.
Competitive compensation package. EOE