Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Lafayette Hill, PA
Website: Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania
Start Date: March 1, 2019
Are you looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work, support an important mission, and get hands-on experience working with an iconic brand? Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania (GSEP) is seeking a Graphic Designer to join the Marketing and Communications team, which develops and produces the organization’s marketing collateral, digital assets, and publications – including apparel, event collateral, displays, and GSEP’s annual Spark Magazine.
The Graphic Designer will join a dynamic, collaborative and productive team that serves the visual marketing and communications needs of GSEP. Working under the direction of the Senior Design Manager and Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the Graphic Designer will work on a variety of projects that speak to internal and external audiences of all ages.
The ideal candidate must be team oriented and self-motivated, capable of carrying out multi-phase projects, experienced at managing several projects with overlapping deadlines, and committed to providing excellent customer service to girls, volunteers, and colleagues.
This is an ideal opportunity for a graphic designer who wants to work in a welcoming environment, finds inspiration in working with the Girl Scouts’ brand, and is motivated by our mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Qualifications – Essential:
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree required. Focus in graphic design preferred.
- Experience – 3-5 years in Graphic Design.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience – Essential:
- Portfolio including multi-page and single-page print collateral and web graphics that demonstrate knowledgeable use of typography and a clear, consistent informational hierarchy
- Expert level knowledge of the most current version of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Working level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work creatively within established brand guidelines
- Ability to multi-task and manage a high volume of design jobs at once
- Knowledge of pre-press and print practices
- Interest in the Girl Scouts mission
Knowledge, Skills & Experience – Desirable:
- Understanding of Social Media platforms and experience designing and creating visual content for Social Media posts a plus
- Illustration skills a plus
- Video editing experience a plus
- Photography skills a plus