Mon, Sep 25, 2017
4:00 PM - 7:05 PM
Citizens Bank Park
One Citizens Bank Way
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Phillies College Art & Design Night
On Monday, September 25, college students and recent graduates are invited to go behind-the-scenes – and receive career advice – with Phillies and MLB Advanced Media executives in the field of art and design at this exclusive #CollegeSeries pre-game event!
AIGA members use code AIGA for a special discount!
- Learn from Phillies and MLB Advanced Media’s Graphic Design, Broadcasting & Print Production Executives during a moderated question and answer session in the Phillies Media Room. Panelists will provide excellent insight into how they utilize graphic design in various fields, including communications, social media, broadcasting, digital and mobile marketing, online, and video and print services. Panelists will also share their career experience and advice, as well as projects that they have personally spearheaded. Panelists include: Melissa Maani, Manager, Graphic Design, The Phillies; Sean Rainey, Manager, Video Production, The Phillies; Andy Shenk, Manager, Marketing Production, MLB Advanced Media and Tina Urban, Director, Graphic Production, The Phillies. Moderator: Scott Palmer, Director of Public Affairs, The Phillies.
- Practice networking with Phillies executives during a Phillies Networking Hour. Meet informally with front office personnel from various departments, as well as those who spearhead the Phillies intern and Phillies Ballgirls programs. Special guests include Gary “Sarge” Matthews, 1983 NLCS MVP and former Phillies broadcaster.
- Meet AIGA Philadelphia professionals. Also on-site during the Networking Hour will be members from AIGA Philadelphia, whose mission is to advance design as a professional craft, strategic advantage, and vital cultural force. AIGA Philadelphia is an excellent resource for designers, and will be able to provide information on their chapter, membership and events.
- Hear from a Phillies player about his college and major league experience.
- Take #Selfies with the 2008 & 1980 World Series Trophies.
- Check-in begins at 4 p.m. and features a Networking Hour and ballpark tour, as well as #selfies with the World Series Trophies until 5 p.m.
- The panel portion of the program officially starts at 5 p.m., followed by the Phillies-Nationals game at 7:05 p.m.
- The event is limited to 200 students. Interested professors and parents are welcome to attend.
- Students are urged to ask questions throughout the program, as well as in advance, to @Phillies using #CollegeSeries
- Cost: $30. Includes $12 worth of concession credit that can be redeemed throughout the ballpark for food, beverage and/or merchandise