Position: Creative Services Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Drexel University Online LLC is a separate not-for-profit subsidiary of Drexel University, specializing in innovative, Internet-based distance education programs for working professionals and corporations in the United States and abroad. A pioneer in online education, Drexel has offered programs online since 1996.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Creative Services Manager is responsible for translating the overall Drexel University brand as it relates to online programs both in visual design and messaging, and for the development of a large volume and wide range of marketing materials. The manager also oversees the creative development process through to final deliverable, while managing and mentoring a team of graphic designers and external creative partners.
The Creative Services Manager leads brainstorming sessions and works collaboratively with teams across the organization on the creation of materials that target both prospective and current online students, are consistent with the Drexel University brand, and are vertical and partner-specific. The manager must be skilled in design across multiple platforms including digital, print, outdoor, and video.
Detailed responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop and execute creative strategies
- Maintain consistency with and adhere to overall Drexel University brand guidelines
- Manage creative development process from conception through to final deliverable (to ensure timely delivery and files provided in appropriate formats for vendors)
- Manage, mentor, and provide creative direction to team of graphic designers
- Lead creative brainstorming meetings across strategic verticals and partners
- Stay ahead of creative trends and industry creative benchmarks; train team on latest trends
- Primary contact for any external creative resources (photographers, print vendors, etc.)
- Present creative strategies when appropriate
- Identify work process improvements
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 8 – 10 years of creative experience, either in-house or agency
- 5+ years of managerial experience; ability and willingness to teach
- Strong brand messaging and creative experience; understands how to develop brand messaging strategy and execute through creative
- Intimate understanding of design, copy, and web best practices and guidelines
- Print and digital design capabilities (HTML, CSS)
- Advanced knowledge of CC15
- Project management experience
- Education industry experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be highly organized and proactive; self-motivated
Drexel University Online LLC is a separate not-for-profit subsidiary of Drexel University. Drexel University Online LLC is responsible for providing benefits to the selected candidate for this position. This is not a position with Drexel University, and therefore the applicable benefits and policies may differ from Drexel University. Drexel University Online and/or Drexel University reserve the right to change the levels and types of benefits associated with this position at any time.
Drexel University Online is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University’s acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
To apply: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=80551