Position: Video Producer
Department: Marketing and Communications
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Drexel University
Marketing and Communications is seeking a Video Producer/Editor to join our team. We’re looking for a highly motivated and intelligent individual who can make an immediate positive impact within the team. This position is responsible for the creation of compelling high quality video and multimedia content, from conception/design phase through final production/distribution, which support the marketing mission of Drexel University to recruit “Right-Fit” students. This position requires an energetic, creative individual who will seek to ‘push the envelope’ in terms of envisioning and creating innovative, high-quality content to reach a range of audiences. The right candidate must be self-motivated, able to work independently and knowledgeable of current trends in the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three years of experience creating commercial video content as a producer, editor, videographer. Agency, design studio, or film production house preferred.
- Skill with professional video creation, animation, production, graphics, sound design, and multimedia software including Adobe CC with a focus on Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition, and After Effects.
- Experience running small video shoots using lighting, sound and camera equipment.
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional visual storytelling skill, commercial purpose, high polish and professionalism, breadth of skills.
- Clearly defined and well-articulated production process.
- Fluency with digital video distribution strategies and tools including compression, hosting, streaming, YouTube.
- Storyboarding skills to communicate clear, concise, and compelling concepts.
- Experience in the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience in HTML, CSS.
- Assist in the creation of a wide range of video assignments to support University messages to the current student body, prospective students, parents, employer’s partners and more.
- Assist in the creation of a wide range of video assignments to support the marketing and enrollment goals of the University.
- Assist with developing content and solutions for social media strategy.
- Use a variety of lighting, sound and camera equipment for outbound and inbound communications.
- Assist in the direction and management of outside video partners and vendors.
- Assist with Art Directing still photography and advanced photo editing.
- Archiving media assets.
- Shoot high quality video using the latest camera technology and best practice approaches.
- Edit video content using Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
Drexel University offers an attractive benefits package including tuition remission, a generous retirement package with matching funds (up to 11 percent) and an opportunity to join a talented team of professionals directly helping the University achieve its record growth and quality reputation.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigation.