Position: Senior Graphic Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Drexel University
The Senior Designer must be an excellent communicator both verbally and in visual design in order to understand and translate the overall Drexel brand and more specific messaging for a wide range and volume of marketing materials for Enrollment Management & Student Success (which includes Admissions, Drexel Central, University Registrar, University Bursar, Office of Financial Aid, Steinbright Career Development Center, Student Life, Academic Information Systems, Enrollment Analytics, and Institutional Research, Assessment and Effectiveness).The Senior Designer will own assignments and will see them through to final deliverable with little supervision. The Senior Designer is responsible for the indirect supervision of junior staff and direct supervision of vendors, agencies, printers, photographers/videographers, and other creative partners. The Senior Designer must be experienced enough to design in multiple creative platforms (print, on-line, video, and mixed media) and to work collaboratively with writers and other creative partners to create final work which is coherent, aesthetically appropriate, and consistent with the Drexel brand and EMSS messaging. The Senior Designer may take the lead in presenting completed work to clients and may lead cross-departmental brainstorming sessions.
- Assist in the development of marketing and creative strategies while maintaining consistent brand messaging and tone across all communications. Includes campaign and communications plans.
- Execute marketing and creative strategies into specific electronic and print final deliverables.
- Primary lead on major, complex print production projects.
- *Primary lead on managing print vendors, photographers, videographers, and press checks.
- *Primary lead on researching new print formats.
- Leads several creative meetings which investigate/research emerging trends in creative strategy and execution.
Trains new staff on print process and vendor management and presents creative to younger client staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three years experience in a related field.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University’s acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
All applicants must apply through www.drexeljobs.com Requisition Number 7137